Daydreams

I just finished reading Daydreams, by Marcia Lynn McClure last week. I am a big fan of hers and was excited to get my hands on another of her books. A bit about the book:

"Saylor Christy knew chances were slim to none that any of her silly little daydreams would ever actually come true-especially involving Mr. Booker, the new patient-the handsome, older patient convalescing in her grandfather's rehabilitation center. Yet, working as a candy striper at Rawlings Rehab, Saylor couldn't help but dream of belonging to Mr. Booker-and Mr. Booker stole her heart-perhaps unitentionally-but with very little eeffort. Gorgeous, older, andentirely unobtainable-Saylor knew Mr. Booker would unknowingly enslave her heart for many years to come-for daydreams were nothing more than a cruel joke inflicted by life. All dreams-daydreams or otherwise-never came true. Did they?"

Daydreams was not what I expected at all. I thought it would be a whirwind romance with Saylor and Mr. Booker falling in love, dating, getting married, the whole nine. But Marcia Lynn McClure throws some unexpected turns in there. Christy is a young girl just out of high school working for the summer until she starts college. Mr. Booker becomes a patient where she works and she falls head over heels for him. But their age gap becomes an issue and when Mr. Booker leaves, Christy doesn't see him again for years.
When they do meet again, it is under very different circumstances and sparks begin to fly. Marcia Lynn McClure writes a beautiful story where two people have to swallow their fear and trust enough to show their true feelings for the other. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is a hopeless romantic at heart like I am. I really felt like I could relate to the character because there is an age gap between my husband and I. A great read, Daydreams will keep you turning page after to page to see if there can be a happily ever after!

Comments

  1. Great review, Crystal! I love Marcia. She's an amazing writer and an awesome friend. I look forward to reading more of your reviews. It's always nice to see book reviews from the perspective of a "real" reader and not just another author!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a wee bit of an age difference in my marriage, too - my husband is fifteen and a half years older than me. When he turns fifty, I'll be 34. That's pretty scary sometimes, but I'm choosing to ignore it ... I love the guy. Can't help it if he's old. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!