The Ice Captain's Daughter by S. G. Rogers, Book Review







Blurb from the novella:


 The daughter of a wealthy ice merchant, Miss Jillian Roring intends to marry for love. En route to her first Season in London, however, a failed kidnapping sends her into the arms of the most jaded bachelor in England. When Logan and Jillian unwittingly violate the rigid rules of propriety in Victorian-era England, he is obliged to make her an offer of marriage. Because she aspires to be more than an obligation, Jillian refuses the match. Logan follows her to London to woo her properly, but his scheming ex-fiancée has other plans.

Can Logan convince Jillian that his love for her is real or will the cruel gossip and sharp tongues of London society tear their budding relationship apart?



My Review:


Let me start by saying that this cover is GORGEOUS!!!  That alone made me want to read the book, but the title caught my attention also!  So I sat down to read The Ice Captain's Daughter and was not disappointed!  S. G. Rogers did a beautiful job weaving a captivating tale of kidnapping, love and trying to fit into London society.  I really felt that I came to know Jillian and I was impressed with her kindness and quality of her character.  If you love regency romance novels, I know you will LOVE The Ice Captain's Daughter!  I read it in one sitting!  Five stars and I hope she makes this a series!!!

You can pick up The Ice Captain's Daughter via Amazon.


You can learn more about author S. G. Rogers via  her website or her Facebook page.


Happy Reading!!!


Source:  Author for review




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!