A Duke's Promise (The Forgotten Castles #3) by Jamie Carie, Book Review



Blurb from the book:

Award-winning writer Jamie Caries concludes her most epic storyline with a wonderful twist in A Duke’s Promise , the final Forgotten Castles novel.

From the Land of Fire and Ice back to England’s shores, Alexandria Featherstone finds herself the new Duchess of St. Easton. Her husband has promised a wedding trip to take them to the place where her imperiled parents were last seen -- Italy and the marble caves of Carrara -- but a powerful Italian duke plots against Alex and her treasure-hunting parents.

Hoping to save them, Alex and Gabriel travel to Italy by balloon. Fraught with danger on all sides and pressured by Gabriel’s affliction to the breaking point, they must learn to work and fight together. The mysterious key is within their grasp, but they have yet to recognize it. This journey will require steadfast faith in God and each other -- a risk that will win them everything they want or lose them everything they have.


My Review:

Well, I have to say when all is said and done that I truly enjoyed all three of the books in this series.  I loved this last one most of all because everything finally came to a resolution.  All questions were answered, all mysteries were solved.  The action and suspense in the book were great.  The moments where the characters relied on their faith was inspiring and the ending was definitely not what I expected!  I enjoyed the epilogue, I always like ending to be neat and tidy.   I would have liked a bit more information  before the epilogue and after the final chapter.  I don't want to put any spoilers in my review, just suffice it to say I would have liked another chapter for my own curiosity's sake.  Overall, I loved this series.  I read it constantly and thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  My only complaint is that I felt like it is truly one really long book chopped up into three parts.  If I had to have waited for long periods of time between each book, I would have been very frustrated.  Lucky for me I didn't have to do that :)  Five stars, this was my favorite book of the series!

You can pick up A Duke's Promise via Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Happy Reading!!!

Source:  Netgalley;  I was under no obligation to review.

Comments

  1. You may easily explore diverse range of fan models as per your design and choice requirements.
    Therefore, environment conscious people often encourage the use of ceiling fans with lights.
    The blades of the fan can also offer a classy or sophisticated look, as
    they come in many different finishes and designs as
    well.

    My blog ... blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!