Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee, Book Review



Blurb:

Unlikely heroine Ophelia Jane Worthington-Whittard doesn't believe in anything that can't be proven by science. She and her sister Alice are still grieving for their dead mother when their father takes a job in a strange museum in a city where it always snows. On her very first day in the museum Ophelia discovers a boy locked away in a long forgotten room. He is a prisoner of Her Majesty the Snow Queen. And he has been waiting for Ophelia's help.

As Ophelia embarks on an incredible journey to rescue the boy everything that she believes will be tested. Along the way she learns more and more about the boy's own remarkable journey to reach her and save the world.

A story within a story, this a modern day fairytale is about the power of friendship, courage and love, and never ever giving up.


My Review:

I must start off by saying that this is Karen Foxlee and the marvelous book!  I was intrigued when I saw this title available on Netgalley.  I love middle grade reads and fairy tales so I thought I would give it a try.  I didn't expect to be swept away into Opehlia's story so quickly nor did I expect to be up half the night because I couldn't put the book down!  Foxlee has a gift with words; she takes the reader on Ophelia's journey and the reader feels like they are experiencing the entire story with her!  I was amazed at how quickly the pages flew by and how not for one second did I become disinterested in what was going on.  A modern fairy tale with a lovable main character that you can't help but root for, Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy is sure to please any reader from young to young at heart!  


You can pick up your own copy of Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy via Amazon.


Happy Reading!!!


*I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and was under no obligation to review it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!