The Black Heart (Hindsight #2) by Kelly Martin, Book Review



Blurb:

I've told you the beginning, and it nearly killed me. I told you how I met Jordan-- J-- about how I fell for her, even though I hadn't planned on it.

Now you want to know about him? About Oliver Weston? The guy with the blackest heart of any man I've ever met?

Fine, I'll tell you. It's what I'm paying you for, isn't it? Doesn't mean I have to like it. Doesn't mean I have to spill my guts.

Except...

I guess it does.

The middle isn't so hard to talk about. I'll tell you how I defended J's honor, how I went to jail for her, our time in the women's room at the jailhouse-- we'll get to that.

I'll tell you what kind of man Oliver Weston really is... what sort of idiot I truly am.

I loved her.

He knew it.

He used it to blackmail me into one of the worst decisions of my life.

I trusted him.

I trusted the Devil.

And J paid.


My Review:

Let me start by saying that you need to read the first book in this series (Out of the Blue) or you will be completely lost when you start The Black Heart.  The Black Heart picks up where Martin stopped at the end of the first book.  Once again it grabbed my attention and held it throughout the novella.  The mystery kept me reading until the last page and then Martin left me frustrated because the answers I seek are not to be found until the last installment of the series!  Overall this is a great read, especially if you don't have a lot of time to read.  I recommend buying the first and second and reading them back to back!  This mystery novella hit the spot for me and was just what I needed sans the conclusion in book three!


Happy Reading!!!


You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.


Source:  Author for review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!