Loving Like Jane by Connie E. Sokol, Book Review


Book Summary:

Allie’s dream of writing a best-selling novel for a top literary agent is finally coming true. Except, she has already agreed to go on a bucket list Jane Austen Tour for three weeks with her newly-divorced aunt and widowed mother. To complicate matters, Allie can’t decide what the Best Novel Ever idea should be, and the first three chapters are due in, what else, three weeks. Determined to buckle down, Allie devotes her time to writing while refusing to engage in the trip’s delights, or gorgeous but enigmatic Beckett, the assistant tour director. Despite her attempts to stay focused, Allie is drawn to Beckett's quick wit, Jane Austen wisdom, and deciding if his help will further her dreams or get in the way. Join Allie on her inspiring, hilarious, and romantic adventure as she learns how loving like Jane Austen creates unexpected changes that could lead to the life she loves. 


My Review:

Loving Like Jane is one of those stories that took a bit for me to really get into. However, once I did get into it, I found myself not wanting to put it down. I was cheering for Allie to find her way; find out what she really wanted. Was it Tate with his over-the-top shows of his love? Was it writing the perfect novel? What was it for Allie? Her character was down-to-earth and refreshing. She cared about her family and anyone else who came into her life. Beckett was one of those characters that is mysterious and charming, all-intriguing with the ladies old and young swooning over him. The setting being on a Jane Austen tour was so awesome and I enjoyed seeing things unfold from both Allie and Beckett's perspectives.  Overall, this book is a winner for me. It has amazing characters I loved and am still thinking about, and it has a feel-good vibe to it. I have to admit, I want more. I want to know some things that went unresolved and I need to know what happens to the other girls from the Princeton Ladies. A refreshing contemporary romance novel, Loving Like Jane is a must-read for any Austen fan! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.



Happy Reading!!!


You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!