The Heiress of All Things Beautiful by Anita Stansfield, Book Review


Book Summary:

Florence Prescott and her family live in fear of her father’s vicious outbursts. Lord Prescott rules his household with a cruel and violent hand, and when one of his drunken rages leads to the abuse of Florence’s beloved younger brother, Florence boldly confronts her father—and pays the price for her insolence. Broken and hopeless, Florence feels like a prisoner in her own life.

As a former stablehand for the Prescotts, Evan Avery is all too familiar with the vicious nature of his old master . . . and the gentle kindness of Florence and her younger brother. Desperate to save his friends, Evan boldly returns to the estate to help them escape. Though Lady Prescott refuses rescue, Evan successfully spirits Florence and her brother away to his family’s farm. There, they quite naturally adjust to the rigors and rhythms of farm life as the bond of friendship between Florence and Evan flourishes and soon deepens into romance. But the couple’s happiness is overshadowed when they receive a shocking correspondence that changes everything.

My Review:

I became drawn into Florence's story pretty quickly and I was horrified at her father's abusive behavior. It was so realistically portrayed that I felt the fear coming off of the pages and I wanted some one to stand up to Lord Prescott. I really wanted justice for how he treated his family members. I loved the relationship between Florence and her brother Evan and the loyalty they had for each other. Their sibling relationship was beautiful. I was caught up in the story until about halfway through and then I felt like there was a lot of telling what was happening instead of showing the reader what was happening. Although the storytelling fell flat partway in, I enjoyed the overall story. I received a copy of this book for free, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Happy Reading!!!

You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!