Solstice by Jane Redd, Book Review




Book Summary:


Four ways to get Banished from the last surviving city on earth are: 1. Cut out your emotion tracker, 2. Join a religious cult, 3. Create a rebellion against the Legislature, 4. Fall in love.

Jezebel James does all four.

Jez is on the fast-track to becoming a brilliant scientist, with one goal—to save her city from total extinction. Her caretakers have entrusted her with a secret plan to stop the rain from flooding the rest of the earth and start civilization anew. But the more Jez learns about the price of a fresh beginning, the more she realizes that carrying out the plan will lead to few survivors, and among the dead will be those she cares about the most.


My Review:


Solstice

I am having a love hate relationship with this book! I love the dystopian setting, I love Jez, Sol, Reuben, and Chalice. I love the setting where it rains incessantly all year except for two days a year the sun comes out. I think that people from the Pacific NorthWest can commiserate somehow :) I love that I never knew quite what was going to happen, who could be trusted, what the outcome would be. I was kept guessing the entire time! But I hate that it ended. Seriously I needed book two included in book one because I cannot possibly wait however long it is going to be until the second book comes out. I am dying over here! Dying! Thus my love/hate relationship! This is my favorite dystopian to date! Seriously, it will keep you guessing, nothing is predictable and you will love every second! I couldn't read fast enough! I need book two like four hours ago when I finished this one! Hey a girl can dream right? 


Happy Reading!!!


You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!