Home Sweet Holiday by Michele Paige Holmes, Book Review

 


Book Summary:

Nearly four years have passed since Anna Lawrence fled her hometown the same day her best friends broke her heart and she was left at the altar. She’s hardly looked back since, while forging a new and solitary life in Seattle. When duty calls her home, she reluctantly returns to take care of the family store while her parents are away.

Eli Steiner is visiting his late great-grandfather’s estate in Holiday, Alabama, for the first and last time—to see the place he’s inherited and meet the other benefactor of his great-grandfather’s will before turning everything over to her. When the woman he meets is both the same, and very different, from the one in his grandfather’s letters, Eli’s intrigue leads him to stay longer, to uncover the mystery of Anna Lawrence and possibly heal her heart.

Holiday Harbor Series:
A Holiday Affair
Home Sweet Holiday
The Heart of Holiday


My Review:

Holmes writes a beautiful and emotional journey of love, forgiveness, and healing. I honestly cannot remember the last book that I read that put me through such a gamut of emotions. I was on the rollercoaster with Anna and I didn't know how she would come out. Between her father having cancer and facing her past where she was completely betrayed by her best friend and fiancee, how could she heal her own heart? I loved the small town of Holiday, from the people, to the store Anna's parents own, everything felt like home and love. Even everyone knowing your business as soon as it happens, Holmes details a small town perfectly. This story made me feel and truly had me thinking about Anna's story weeks after I finished it. Home Sweet Holiday had me longing for home, family, and friends. Read this book, you will be glad you did! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Happy Reading!!!

You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!