Of Sword and Shadow by A.L. Sowards, New Release!

 



Book Summary:

Greece, 1379

She is known by many names, none of them her own. In truth, she is an unnamed slave, nothing more than a weapon in the hands of her owner in his attempts to provoke political mayhem. When she encounters a handsome young man while on an assignment, she thinks little of him—until he attempts to take what she has stolen. But in her line of work, failure is not an option.

Gillen is intrigued by the mysterious woman who thwarts his mission. But when his path crosses hers again, his intrigue turns to gratitude as the thief he comes to call Eudocia saves his life. The two form a bond of friendship and join forces to wrest control from a group of ruthless rulers. But as their camaraderie blossoms into something more, Gillen and Eudocia must fight for love even as they wage war for a better future.


My Review:

Have you ever picked up a book and you just weren't sure what is was going to be like? This was that book for me. But let me tell you, the story just pulled me in and didn't let me go until the last word was read. Eudocia, Mouse, Girl, or whatever name she was going by at the moment, was such a complex and intriguing character. I could not believe the challenges she faced and what it was like for her to be enslaved for her entire life. I could feel her anguish, pain, and sorrow all while being impressed with her skills at disguise.  She was bold, brave, and made of the toughest mettle. The suspense in this book is unreal and off the charts. I felt like every time I could relax, then something else would happen. There was so much action that the story flew by. This historical suspense novel will keep you on the edge of your chair with your heart pounding until the very end! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.


Happy Reading!!!

You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!