A Magical Victorian Christmas by Michele Ashman Bell, New Release & Book Review!

 


Book Summary:

A new tradition. A season of miracles. And a decision that will change everything. In 1866, Clara Rose lives a quiet life in her hometown of York, until one day a mysterious Christmas tree appears in the town square. Clara is sure something wonderful is about to happen. The town blacksmith’s nephew, Erik Bauer, is new to town, and his ready smile, love of laughter, and handsome face charms her. Just when things couldn’t be more perfect, the most important man in town, Lord-Lieutenant Bradford, takes an interest in Clara and states his intentions of marrying her. Clara’s once simple life becomes very complicated. As Christmas time approaches, a decision must be made. Does she marry Bradford to secure her future, or go against her father’s wishes and marry the man who speaks to her heart? 


My Review:

Well this story surprised me in so many good ways! Bell knows how to bring the reader in and keep them inside a whole new world. I loved Clara, she was so kind and good taking care of her father. She was always trying to do what was best for everyone else, she had such a giving spirit. And Erik was absolutely wonderful and went about just making the world a better place. Everyone needs an Erik in their life. I will tell you what, that awful person who shall not be named, was the best villain I have read in a long time! I just wanted to throttle him myself! I found myself internally yelling at the guy!

How Bell included the struggle to make change for the better is one that I think most readers will relate to, I know I did. This is a heartwarming Christmas story that will surprise you and leave you feeling the spirit of Christmas for days to come. I love stories that motivate me to do good and this one does just that! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Three and a half out of five stars.

Happy Reading!!!

You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!