The Ebony (Charm of St. Helena #1) by Heather Fisher, Book Review

Book Summary:

1795- Jane Sawyer enjoyed everything India had to offer. Having lived there since the death of her parents, the beautiful country had become her home. However, when her uncle accepts a position at Oxford University, her life takes an unexpected turn. From a treacherous storm that delays their journey, to recovering at an island where she almost drowns, Jane wonders if this is a foreshadowing of hard things to come.

But her thoughts begin to lighten when she discovers that the island holds more adventure than she could imagine. With fate's twists and turns, and encouragement from a handsome captain, who comes to aid her on a few unfortunate occasions, Jane uncovers inner strength she didn't know she had.

As enemy ships stalk the island's shores, only destiny can decide Jane's future with love and war.

 

My Review:


The Ebony swept me away into Jane’s world. From the ocean to the island, Fisher described everything so well that I could envision myself there. The rides through the island to the waterfall and being on a ship in a storm. I was experiencing it all right along Jane’s side! The slow romance was beautifully done and I was rooting for James and Jane to get together. But it isn’t always as easy at it seems. My only complaint is that book two isn’t out yet! This one ends on a cliffhanger and I need to know what happens! A stunning debut novel, The Ebony is full of rich descriptions and a romance story you will not want to miss. I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.
 
Happy Reading!!!
 
You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!