The Lady of Galway Manor by Jennifer Deibel, New Release!


 

Book Summary:

In 1920, Annabeth De Lacy's father is appointed landlord of Galway Parish in Ireland. Bored without all the trappings of the British Court, Annabeth convinces her father to arrange an apprenticeship for her with the Jennings family--descendants of the creator of the famed Claddagh Ring.

Stephen Jennings longs to do anything other than run his family's jewelry shop. Having had his heart broken, he no longer believes in love and is weary of peddling the ÒliesÓ the Claddagh Ring promises.

Meanwhile, as the war for Irish independence gains strength, many locals resent the De Lacys and decide to take things into their own hands to display their displeasure. As events take a dangerous turn for Annabeth and her family, she and Stephen begin to see that perhaps the "other side" isn't quite as barbaric and uncultured as they'd been led to believe--and that the bonds of friendship, love, and loyalty are only made stronger when put through the refiner's fire.

Travel to the Emerald Isle for another poignant and romantic story from the enchanted pen of Jennifer Deibel.

 

My Review:

I am a new reader to Jennifer Deibel and if all of her books are this good, I am going to be reading more! Deibel takes the reader away to beautiful Ireland, with all of its rich culture and heritage. She world builds so well that I felt like I was there with the characters watching everything unfold. I loved Lady Annabeth, she was beautiful, kind, and full of goodness. Her selflessness was inspiring especially for the time period. The unusual circumstances of her becoming an apprentice at a jewelry shop made the story unique and very interesting to read. Then the relationship between Stephen and Anna was a whole other part. He was so angry and bitter, I wondered if he would ever overcome that. I absolutely adored Seamus and he was my absolute favorite character of all. Everyone needs a Seamus in their life!


Deibel does a wonderful job of incorporating a love story into this historical time period. There were so many challenges to overcome and that kept me reading until the very end. I was left with a desire to read more from Deibel and to visit Ireland! Learning the legend of the Claddagh  was intriguing and I loved how the author kept that a part of the entire book. If you are a historical romance fan, this is the book for you! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.
 
Happy Reading!!!
 
You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!