A Secret Brother's Vow (Aster Ridge #5) by Kate Condie, Book Review



Book Summary:

Illegitimate. Ruined. Two harsh words that leave two lost souls in search of belonging...

Christian Milnes can think of nothing besides meeting the four Graham siblings who share his blood. Ever since he learned of their existence he cannot pass a stranger without wondering if they could be his family.

Meliora Williams is unwed with a baby on the way and no one to turn to except the dishonorable man who broke her heart. Determined to find her own way in the world, she boards a train headed west to Montana.

Arriving at Aster Ridge Ranch, Mel is immediately entranced by the sense of freedom and possibility she feels under the wide prairie skies... as well as by the handsome young horse doctor Christian Milnes, who she senses is searching for his own brighter future.

Out on the western plains of Montana, anything can happen... As two hearts meet and entwine, a young man can find a family. And a young woman may find she is not so very broken after all.


My Review:

Condie has a gift with her storytelling. She makes her characters and setting come to life. I was pulled into this story so easily, I could not find my way out until I was finished. Christian and Mel were not your typical main characters. They were flawed, broken, and had pasts they felt like they needed to hide. I was cheering Mel on the entire book. I wanted her to speak up, to stand up, to find her courage and her voice. Too often it is easier to please others than to say what you feel or think. And Mel was just like that. Seeing her change and grow during the length of the book was heartwarming.

Watching the Graham family take Mel and Christian in was completely heartwarming. You will fall in love with the Graham family. Their closeness, loyalty, love, and protectiveness of each other. I loved how they stood up for what was right, even under difficult circumstances. The Graham family has a place in my heart and I love this series and Aster Ridge! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Happy Reading!!!

You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!