Malicious Intent (Defend and Protect #2) by Lynn H. Blackburn, New Release



Book Summary:

Dr. Ivy Collins, founder and CEO of Hedera, Inc., is ready to begin clinical trials of her company's cutting-edge prosthetic. Her work has been heralded by government, medical, and advocacy groups and everyone hopes the device will be a success. Well, almost everyone. Someone is trying to sabotage Hedera and the launch, but to what purpose--and how far will they go to get what they want?

Meanwhile, U.S. Secret Service Agent Gil Dixon can't believe he's finally been reunited with Ivy, his childhood best friend. Now that he's found her again, Gil intends to spend the rest of his life with her. But it will take all his skill to uncover the truth in time to save Ivy's life's work, her own life, and the innocent lives caught in the crossfire.

Perfectly balancing chilling suspense and uplifting romance, award-winning author Lynn H. Blackburn delivers a story of revenge, greed, and overcoming that you won't want to put down no matter how late it gets.


My Review:

Suspense. Action. Mystery. Romance. Malicious Intent has all of that and more! Gil and Ivy are two of my favorite characters. Gil is handsome, protective, loving, and gentle. What more could a girl ask for? Ivy is super intelligent, driven, independent, and full of spunk. I loved the two of them together. Sparks were flying off the pages and I could feel the intensity and emotion. The suspense and action is constant throughout the story and that is what kept me reading. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Add in the romance and the mystery of who was after Ivy and I could not put this book down! While this is the second book in a series, I read it fine as a standalone. There were some things I was a little confused on, but the author does a great job of explaining what the reader needs to know. A definite must read for action/suspense fans! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own. 

Happy Reading!!!

You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!