When the Meadow Blooms by Ann H. Gabhart, Book Review

  


Book Summary:

If any place on God's earth was designed to help one heal, it is Meadowland. Surely here, at her brother-in-law's Kentucky farm, Rose and her daughters can recover from the events of the recent past--the loss of her husband during the 1918 influenza epidemic, her struggle with tuberculosis that required a stay at a sanatorium, and her girls' experience in an orphanage during her illness. At Meadowland, past troubles become rich soil in which faith can grow.

Dirk Meadows may have opened his home to his late brother's widow and her girls, but he keeps his heart tightly closed. The roots of his pain run deep, and the evidence of it is written across his face. Badly scarred by a fire and abandoned by the woman he loved, Dirk fiercely guards his heart from being hurt again. 

But it may be that his visitors will bring light back into his world and unlock the secret to true healing.


 My Review:

This is sweet historical Christian fiction and it was quite an intriguing story. The beginning is what really grabbed my attention, the orphanage and the sanitarium. I had to know if Rose would be reunited with her girls. The way the girls were treated at the orphanage had me cringing and I wanted justice for them. I admired Calla’s bravery and Dirk’s desire to do what was right by his family. Rose was gentle and I loved her steady and wise outlook on life. Sienna brought a smile to my face and I felt like she was such a beautiful  spirit. The author does a wonderful job making the characters real to the reader. I felt like I knew them. An absolutely beautiful and bittersweet story of love and forgiveness, healing and hope. When the Meadow Blooms has the perfect gentle weave of faith. 
I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!