An Unwitting Alliance (Matchmaking Mamas #2) by Anneka R. Walker, Book Review

 




Book Summary:

Cassandra Vail has but one objective at the Kellens’ ball: she must secure a proposal from her eminently suitable suitor. Instead, she finds her best-laid plans thwarted by another man―the handsome and thoroughly vexing Mr. Harwood. Thanks to his meddling, Cassandra is faced with an unthinkable consequence: her parents take matters into their own hands and betroth her to a complete stranger.

Tom Harwood meant only to deter a debutante from pursuing his friend. He wasn’t supposed to be entranced by her. He certainly wasn’t supposed to flirt with her. And he especially wasn’t supposed to engage the wrong woman entirely. To make matters worse, he’s offended Cassandra and before he has the opportunity to make amends, he finds himself the latest unwitting victim of the meddlesome Matchmaking Mamas. His parents have signed a contract for his hand in marriage, and it seems his mysterious betrothed is as opposed to the union as he is.

When the reluctant couple finally meets, they are shocked to realize they are not strangers after all. Can one miserable beginning be overcome, or has their future ended before it even begins?


My Review:

This next book in the Matchmaking Mamas did not disappoint! I absolutely loved how Cassie and Tom met! Awkwardness and misunderstandings, those always make for good stories! I could not believe when they crossed paths again in a way neither thought would happen (and neither did I)! I loved the quirks about Tom, his color blindness and his sense of humor, he definitely kept me laughing and smiling. He had a huge heart of gold and I loved his care for everyone in his life. Cassie was a bright light and her love for her family warmed my heart. She was definitely stubborn but I could not fault her for her feelings towards Tom and for wanting to choose her own path. 

Watching their journey was one of the most beautiful things. I loved their common goals of helping others. I loved all of Tom’s friends and his nicknames for them made me smile. How does someone come up with so many nicknames? I think everyone would love to have a group of friends like the Rebels. One of my favorite parts was the advice from the mamas. This is definitely a must read for all regency fans! You do not want to miss for all regency fans! You do not want to miss An Unwitting Alliance! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.! I received a copy of this book for free; all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Happy Reading!!!

You can pick up your own copy via Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!