Crossing the Brooklyn Briggs (Love in Sun City) by Dana LeCheminant, Book Review



Book Summary:

High school teacher Brooklyn Briggs has always been great with chemistry but terrible with relationships. When a guy drops into her life—literally—and offers to coach her into getting a date with her longtime crush, she's willing to accept any help she can get.

Even if her new flirting coach is her brother Houston's best friend, the guy who drove her crazy all throughout high school.

Jordan Torres never expected to see Brooklyn again. After the way he teased her in high school, she has every right to hate him. But despite warnings from her brother, he's drawn to her in a way he's never been before and can't seem to remember that she's in love with someone else.

Neither can she.

Both of them value their relationship with Houston too much to risk things going wrong, but they may not have a choice. The heart wants what the heart wants. Besides, Brooklyn can't turn a blind eye to perfect chemistry.Books in the Love in Sun City series are tied together and overlap but can be read in any order or as standalones. They contain minimal to no swearing and no explicit content.


My Review:

RomCom master LeChemiant has done it again! She has written a story I loved and had a difficult time putting down. (Real life can just get in the way sometimes) I just love the Briggs family and the love they have for each other. This story focuses on Brooklyn and I adore how she cannot seem to send a text message the right way. Her curse with technology made for laugh out loud moments and I continually had a smile on my face. Jordan was so sweet and thoughtful, I think every girl would want their own Jordan. I enjoyed watching the two fall for each other. I loved the depth of Brooklyn’s story. There were parts where I was so upset and just plain shocked at how people had been to her. It felt so real as I experienced the pain along with her.

I really enjoyed watching the relationship between Brooklyn and her twin Houston. Would he be okay with his twin and his best friend possibly being together? Then there was the sticky situation with Houston and it has me begging for his story! This next book in the Love in Sun City series is a must read! Anything LeCheminant writes I am absolutely reading. It is an automatic download. If you haven’t tried her books before, it is the perfect time to start! I highly recommend beginning with the Wonder Boys series and then moving into the Love in Sun City series. The ties bring it all full circle!

Happy Reading!!!  

You can pick up your own copy via Amazon. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a Good Book Giveaway Hop!!!

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop!

Last Days of Freedom Giveaway Hop!!!